If you’re looking for a comfortable and affordable way to upgrade your bedtime experience, an executive mattress may help you greatly. However, finding the perfect mattress can be daunting, especially considering the high cost of many options in the market. In this article, we’ll compare two popular hybrid mattresses from Tempur – the Original With Cooltouch Supreme and Elite against the Origin Hybrid Mattress.
Comparison Between Origin Mattress and Tempur
When buying the right mattress, there are many options, and it can be challenging to make a wise choice. Two popular mattress brands are Origin and Tempur. Both brands have mattresses that offer unique features catering to different sleep preferences. In this section, we will compare the key elements of the Origin and Tempur mattresses to help you make an informed decision.
BRAND & MODEL
Origin Hybrid Mattress
Tempur Supreme Mattress
Tempur Elite Mattress
FREE DELIVERY AND RETURNS
1. Temperature Regulation
Origin Hybrid Mattress uses a cooling gel foam layer and breathable materials such as Tencel fabric in their cover to help regulate the mattress’s temperature. The cooling gel foam layer helps dissipate heat and keep the sleeper cool throughout the night. Additionally, the Tencel fabric contains over 10,000 air holes making it breathable and moisture-wicking, which prevents the buildup of heat and sweat.
In contrast, Tempur’s mattress material is known for adapting to the sleeper’s body temperature and providing a comfortable sleeping surface. However, it has no specific technology or feature to regulate the mattress’s temperature.
Verdict: The Origin Hybrid Mattress has far better temperature regulating properties. With their cutting-edge cooling technology, the mattress keeps sleepers in the Goldilock’s zone, promoting deep and restful sleep.
2. Mattress Layers
The number of layers in a mattress is important as these layers add to the structural integrity of the mattress. The layers add to the durability and firmness, as well as special qualities, such as joint and back support, edge support, and temperature regulation.
Origin Hybrid Mattress encapsulates 6 layers:
- 100% Natural Tencel™: This layer is made out of natural sustainable material that helps to regulate temperature and wick away moisture, keeping you cool and dry throughout the night.
- HexaGrid Orthopaedic Layer: This layer provides targeted support and pressure relief to help alleviate back and joint pain.
- Premium Australian Wool: This layer comprises high-quality wool sourced from Australia, providing natural insulation, and helps regulate temperature, keeping you warm during winter and cool in the summer.
- Natural Bamboo Foam: This layer is made from sustainable and environment-friendly bamboo.
- Edge Support (CertiPUR-US® certified): This layer is made from CertiPUR-US® certified foam and provides added support around the edges of the mattress.
- Antigravity Springs: This layer consists of individually wrapped coils that provide contouring support and reduce motion transfer.
On the flip side, both the Tempur Elite and Supreme mattress have four layers. Here’s a brief explanation of each layer of these mattresses:
- ADVANCED TEMPUR® MATERIAL: This layer consists of the proprietary TEMPUR® foam, designed to conform to your body and relieve pressure.
- Dynamic Support: This layer provides targeted support to different body areas and helps distribute weight evenly and reduce pressure points.
- MicroCoils-grey: This layer comprises small, individually wrapped coils that provide added support and contouring, helping to distribute weight evenly.
- DuraBase-warm: This layer provides a stable foundation for the mattress, which helps to support the upper layers and prevent sagging.
Verdict: The Origin Hybrid Mattress comes out on top with more layers than the Tempur mattresses, making it more durable and providing more value.
3. Motion Isolation
Both the Origin Hybrid Mattress and the Tempur Elite and Supreme mattresses are designed to minimise motion transfer and promote undisturbed sleep.
The Origin Hybrid Mattress uses antigravity springs, individually wrapped to reduce motion transfer. This means that even if your partner, children, or pets move around during the night, you’re less likely to feel it and can enjoy uninterrupted sleep. The springs are made out of the same material used in automobile vehicles and engine components, designed for extra stability and resilience.
On the other hand, the Tempur Elite and Supreme mattresses use the proprietary TEMPUR® Material, designed to absorb energy and reduce motion transfer.
Verdict: Ultimately, both mattresses promote undisturbed sleep but use different technologies to achieve this goal. The Origin Hybrid Mattress, however, has springs that are encased separately in tear-resistant fabric, making the springs much more durable.
The Origin Hybrid Mattress is a bed-in-a-box mattress that comes compressed and rolled up in a box for convenient shipping and handling. This makes transporting and manoeuvring the mattress easier, especially if you have limited space or need to move it up stairs or through narrow doors.
On the other hand, the Tempur Elite and Supreme mattresses are not designed to be compressed or rolled up. They are typically delivered and set up by the retailer or delivery service, which may be a cumbersome process, requiring additional time and effort on your part.
Verdict: When it comes to convenience, bed-in-a-box mattresses will always trump traditional mattresses. The Origin Hybrid Mattress is easy to transport and set-up, leading in the convenience category.
6. Warranty & Trial Period
The Origin Hybrid Mattress comes with a 200-day trial period and a 15-year extended warranty. This means that you can try the mattress for 200 days, and return it for a full refund if unsatisfied. The warranty covers any manufacturing defects for up to 15 years from the date of purchase. On the other hand, Tempur mattresses come with a much shorter 100-night trial period and a 10-year limited warranty.
Verdict: A longer warranty and trial period shows confidence in their mattresses. This also gives more peace of mind to customers. The Origin Hybrid Mattress has a trial period two times longer than Tempur, and offers 5 years more of warranty.
Comparing the Origin and Tempur mattresses, we can conclude that the Origin is a better option for several reasons:
- Better temperature regulation properties
- More layers and durability
- Superior motion isolation
- Convenience (Origin Hybrid Mattress is a bed-in-a-box).
- Longer trial period and warranty.
Therefore, the Origin Hybrid Mattress offers much more bang for your buck. Take advantage of the up to 40% off sale now! With a 15-year warranty, 200-day trial, and a 100% refund without questions, there is no better deal out there. Upgrade your sleep today!