Maintaining good sleep quality and staying focused amidst life’s busy schedule is crucial for a healthy mind. Therefore, it is essential to invest in a good quality mattress for the long term. A top tier mattress provides support in any sleeping position and regulates body temperature. This allows you to sleep comfortably without strain or discomfort to your muscles. As you search for the right mattress, we present a comprehensive Ikea mattress review, helping you make an informed decision. We will compare the Ikea mattress with the award-winning Origin Hybrid Mattress, evaluating factors such as quality, price, number of layers, firmness, and temperature regulation. After reading this review, you can determine if the Ikea mattress is the right fit for you.
Comparison of Origin Mattress and Ikea Mattress
Here is an in-depth comparison between the Ikea ÅNNELAND mattress and the Origin Hybrid Mattress. We have analysed their technical features and price factors to help you decide which option is better. So, let’s delve into it.
Brand and Model
Origin Hybrid Mattress
Ikea ÅNNELAND mattress
Price (Double Size)
Free Delivery & Returns
1. Temperature Regulation
Ikea ÅNNELAND foam mattress does not have any temperature regulation technology. This means that it may cause frustrating warmth during summer and an uncomfortably cold surface in the winter.
Conversely, the Origin Hybrid Mattress contains cooling gel memory foam helping maintain its temperatures in both balmy and cool weather. This mattress maintains your body at a moderate sleeping temperature of 18.3°C, the ideal temperature for a deeper sleep. This technology doesn’t only adjust the mattress’s temperature according to the climate but also according to your body temperature.
Hence, regarding temperature regulation, the Origin Hybrid Mattress takes the clear lead on the Ikea ÅNNELAND foam mattress.
2. Motion Isolation
Ikea ÅNNELAND foam mattress does not offer any kind of motion isolation. It means that this mattress does not effectively absorb movement and impact. This motion can lead to sleep disturbances and affect sleep quality for both sleepers. Without proper motion isolation, movement such as tossing and turning, getting in and out of bed, or changing sleep positions can create disruptions that may affect the overall sleep experience.
On the flip side, an Origin Hybrid Mattress has motion transfer insulating properties. This mattress is designed to absorb and isolate movements, preventing them from transferring across the mattress surface. This feature can be especially beneficial if you share your bed with a partner, children, or pets who may move around during the night, as it can help ensure that their movements do not disturb your sleep.
3. Number of Layers
Origin Hybrid Mattress
The Origin Hybrid Mattress is designed with a 6-layer construction to provide a comfortable and supportive sleeping surface:
- 100% Natural Tencel™ : A plush, luscious tencel pillow-top layer with over 10,000 holes to promote ventilation and airflow.
- HexaGrid Orthopaedic Layer : Infused with cooling particles, this layer keeps you at 18.3°C, while providing back support and pressure relief.
- Premium Australian Wool : This layer of high quality wool helps to control the humidity of the mattress, wicking moisture away and increasing the longevity of the mattress.
- Natural Bamboo Foam : This antibacterial layer helps in reducing odour, keeping your mattress fresh and clean.
- Edge Support (CertiPUR-US® certified) : This layer prevents the sides of the mattress from buckling, boosting durability and makes it easier to get in and out of bed.
- Antigravity Springs : Individually encased LumbarCoils™ helps to isolate motion and disperses weight evenly.
Ikea ÅNNELAND Mattress
Conversely, The Ikea ÅNNELAND foam mattress has a more straightforward construction than the Origin Hybrid Mattress, with only four layers. Here’s a breakdown of each layer:
- Top Comfort Layer: This layer has a soft, comfortable foam that conforms to the body’s shape, providing pressure relief and comfort.
- Support Layer: This layer contains a firmer foam that provides support and helps distribute body weight evenly across the mattress.
- Comfort Foam Layer: This layer has a medium-firm foam that provides additional convenience and support.
- Base Layer: This layer is the mattress’s foundation and provides overall support for the mattress structure.
4. Warranty, Return, and Refund Policies
IKEA offers a generous return policy, allowing you to return new and unopened products within 365 days for a full refund if you have proof of purchase. However, items that have been modified, dirty, stained, or damaged may not be eligible for a refund or exchange. IKEA also offers a 10-year limited warranty on its products, including mattresses. This warranty covers defects in materials and quality, and if a flaw is found within the warranty period, IKEA will either repair or replace the product free of charge.
On the other hand, the Origin Hybrid Mattress offers a 200-day trial period, during which you can test and return it for a full refund if unsatisfied. Origin also provides free delivery within 2-8 business days and a 15-year warranty on its mattresses, providing you with added peace of mind when purchasing. If you find a defect within the warranty period, Origin will replace the mattress free of charge.
Overall, while both IKEA and Origin offer substantial warranty, return, and refund policies, the Origin Hybrid Mattress offers a trial period, a longer warranty, and free delivery and pick-up services for returns.
Regarding pricing and value, the Origin Hybrid Mattress is more affordable than the IKEA ÅNNELAND foam mattress. The Origin Hybrid Mattress in a double size costs £369, while the IKEA ÅNNELAND foam mattress in the same size costs £529. This means that the Origin Hybrid Mattress is much more value for money than the IKEA ÅNNELAND foam mattress, providing more benefits at an affordable price.
What Our Sleepers Say About Origin Mattress
“I found this to be a great value for money mattress – medium support, breathes well, and makes for an excellent night’s sleep every time. Also, customer support has been great.”–Sina M
“I never thought a mattress that arrives vacuum sealed in a box could be this comfortable. I don’t wake up sore. Minimal partner disturbance=great sleep for all concerned.”-Caileb H
While the IKEA ÅNNELAND foam mattress has some positive features, the Origin Hybrid Mattress still comes out on top for several reasons:
- Six layers of high-quality materials, including the HexaGrid Orthopaedic Layer, Premium Australian Wool, and Natural Bamboo foam, all working together to provide ultimate comfort and support.
- The Origin Hybrid Mattress offers improved motion isolation and pressure relief.
- It provides a more extended 200-day trial period, a 15-year warranty, and free delivery.
- The Origin Hybrid Mattress is more affordable than the IKEA ÅNNELAND foam mattress.
If you’re interested in purchasing the Origin Hybrid Mattress, now is the best time, as they’re currently offering up to 40% off in their sale. Along with free 2-8 days delivery, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Upgrade your sleep today!